In regards to our responsibilities in stopping the spread of COVID-19, the following protocols will be in place:
- All participants are asked to adhere to social distancing measures
- This includes limiting the number of people in each car to three for non-family car pooling
- During Covid-19 the Club will be advising against non-family group car pooling. If individuals wish to share a car they can, but it is advised that all vehicle occupants should wear masks
- Maximum group size of 20 participants, so it is important to contact walk leader prior to the day of the activity
- Please do not to attend if you feel unwell or have been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19
- Please bring your own pen for signing onto our Walk Register
- Also bring your own Hand Sanitiser
- Geehi Bushwalking Club will be making your name and contact details available to authorities in case we are asked to assist with contact tracing
DESCRIPTION: A walk exploring the high ridge to Consett Stephens Pass and Mount Tate.
This walk is a trek up to above the tree line. It is one of the walks described in our book – Snowy Mountains Walks
We will start by ascending to Guthega Trig, along a well-defined foot pad. From here it a ridgeline walk to the Pass, and then down and up again to summit Mt Tate which is one of the peaks above 2,000m. Expect frequent panoramic views over the Rolling Grounds to Jagungal and back towards the Main Range.
Distance for the day is not great but it is all off track with plenty of climbing and descending.
MAPS: Geehi Dam and Perisher 1:25,000, Mount Kosciuzko 1:50000, also Snowy Mountains Walks 8th Edition P81.
DISTANCE: Approx.15 kilometres.
GRADE: The Grade is 4 (hard), with significant off track sections, some rock scrambling and exposure.
RISKS: Cold Weather, Tripping, High UV exposure, March Flies.
WHAT TO BRING:
All weather gear (eg) raincoat, hat, sunscreen and sturdy footwear, gaiters recommended.
Personal medication requirements, binoculars and camera.
Water, Morning Tea and Lunch, more water.
CONTACT: walk leader at email@example.com before Thursday evening 11th Feb.