ACTIVITY: Snow Picnic – 3 Mile Dam
DATE: Sunday 20th June 2021
MEETING POINT: Cooma North Shops at 8:45am for a 9:00am departure
RETURNTIME: Approximately 4:00pm
LEADER: Jamie Bond
GRADE: Grade 3 (Medium) There will be some snow and the possibility of ice. Any walking around the dam will be on established tracks.
DISTANCE: Up to 3km all depending on the weather and the group
RISKS: Covid-19, Hypothermia, Snow, Ice, Deep water
Sun Protection: hat, sunscreen
Clothing: warm clothing in layers, rain gear, shoes suitable for snow conditions, warm gloves, a dry set of clothes as backup
Personal protection: hand sanitiser, toilet paper (there are toilets, but probably no paper)
Personal Medication: eg Asthma inhaler
Food: Morning Tea, Lunch, fluids of choice and water-essential, day pack
DESCRIPTION: After the recent snowfalls and with more snow predicted, the 3 Mile Dam picnic is sure to be a cool one.
There should be enough snow to snowshoe about, but probably not enough firm base for skis.
We can explore the peninsula that forms the camping area and maybe some of the perimeter walk.
There are tables and facilities at the dam camping area so we should be able to set ourselves up nicely for lunch.
Weather and conditions permitting we can explore some of the area around the dam.
In response to the NSW Government regulations surrounding social gathering The Geehi Bushwalking Club will follow the following protocols:
- All participants are asked to comply with whatever Government guidelines are current on the day
- All participants please adhere to social distancing measures.
- Do not attend the activity if you feel unwell or have been in contact with a known or suspected case of Covid-19
- Bring your own pen to sign the Risk Management Document.
- Bring Hand sanitiser.
- The Geehi Club will record your contact details and pass them on to authorities if we are asked to assist in contact tracing.
CONTACT/RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th June