This activity has been postponed to a later date to be advised.
The adverse weather warnings for the area this weekend indicate very wet / cold conditions so the decision has been made to postpone.
CONTACT: Contact the club email address; firstname.lastname@example.org for booking and further details.
GRADE: 4 -5 for day 2, This walk is graded medium to hard, off track walk for advanced walkers only.
DISTANCE: About 20 km, estimate 8-10 hours.
MAPS: 1:25,000 8525 1S Jagungal
RISKS: Cold or Hot Weather, Tripping, Off track walking. Expect to walk on some snow drifts near summit.
WHAT TO BRING: All the usual camping gear, including tent and day walking gear such as stout boots, long trousers, sunscreen, hat, light jacket, lunch and snacks, water and medications. There is reliable water at Cesjacks.
MEETING POINT: We will meet at Cooma North Carpark at 3 pm.
COST: Car pooling from Cooma to Snowy Plains and return. We can share the cost of fuel.
COVID – 19 PROTOCOLS
In regards to our responsibilities in stopping the spread of COVID-19, the following protocols will be in place:
- All participants are asked to adhere to social distancing measures
- Maximum group size of 30 participants, so it is important to contact walk leader prior to the day of the activity
- Please do not attend if you feel unwell or have been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19
- Please bring your own pen for signing onto our Walk Register
- Also bring your own Hand Sanitiser
- Car pooling allowed, masks recommended for non family passengers
- Geehi Bushwalking Club will make your name and contact details available to authorities if we are asked to assist with contact tracing
These Covid restrictions will be confirmed prior to the date.